Tuna ground meat usually comes in good quality and also great price that is why a lot of people love to use this ingredient in their recipe. Of course, if you cannot get ground tuna meat directly, you can also try to make one by yourself. Just take a fresh tuna steak meat, then cut it into bite size cube then put it into a food processor. Grid the fresh tuna meat using the food processor, so it will then have the same consistency as ground beef meat. After everything is done, now you can use those ground tuna meat into any recipe that you want.
Delicious Tuna Ground Meat Recipe
- Tuna Burger recipe with Tuna Ground Meat
- 5 pounds of ground tuna meat
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 inches of fresh ginger grated
- 3 tbs tamari soy souce
- 2 chopped scallion
- Finely chopped, half of a small bell pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp of steak seasoning or 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 5 pounds of copped shitake mushroom
- 4 burger bun split in half
- 1 jar of mango chutney
- 4 leaves of red lettuce
- 1 jar of wasabi mustard
- Pre heat a grilling pan in high heat.
- Combine ground tuna meat with ginger, garlic, tamari soy sauce, bell pepper, scallions, sesame oil, black pepper or steak seasoning.
- Create four large patties around one and a half inches thick then drizzle both sides of the patties with canola oil.
- Cook the patties around three minutes long for rare burger meat and up to six minutes long for well done burger meat on every side.
- Preheat the boiler.
- Sauté shitake mushroom with canola oil and season it with pepper and salt.
- Toast the burger bun using boiler.
- Spread the bottom of every bun with mango chutney, add tuna patty, shitake mushroom, lettuce leaf, and spread wasabi mustard on the top bun then put it on. Tuna burger is ready to serve.
- Tuna Ground Meat Roll Recipe
Ingredients for rolls:
- Ground tuna meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- 2 beaten egg separated into two parts
- Bread for the roll, remove it’s crust
- Pepper and salt
Ingredients for sauce:
- Sesame oil
- Chopped onion
- Chopped red sweet pepper
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped parsley
- Cooking wine
- Fish stock
- Mix garlic, onion, and parsley in the olive oil to make it tender.
- Take a large size bowl then put tuna ground meat and the mixture above.
- Add one part of the beaten eggs, pepper and salt then mix it well.
- Soak the bread inside the milk.
- Put the bread inside the tuna mixture and coat its surface well. Make it into rolls of bread.
- Coat the bread with flour and dip it into the other part of beaten eggs, then fried until it turn golden.
- To make the sauce just cook red sweet pepper, onion, tomato, parsley and garlic in the sesame oil until soft. Add some flour to make it a little bit thick then pour the wine and fish stock to smoothen it.
- Put the sauce inside a blender to make the vegetable become soft.
- Shimmer the fried tuna rolls inside the sauce for around fifteen minutes before serving.
Actually it is very easy to use tuna ground meat with any recipe that you want since its consistency is similar to ground beef. Furthermore tuna contains vitamin D, omega 3 and high protein but has fewer calories, which is why ground tuna meat can be used as ground beef alternatives. You can eat it one serving every week as the protein source in your healthy low fat diet routine. Of course, you cook it using many kinds of recipe so it will taste different every time you consume them. But tuna ground meat still has the same benefits as other variety of tuna available in the market.