Tuna fish fillets can be cooked with many ways of preparation and serving. With tuna fish being filleted, it is easy to cook them more because you do not need to clean and gutted the fish again. The Tuna fillets are perfect for easy and simple recipes, you can marinate or seasoning the tuna before going to cook it. However, you can simply drizzles the tuna with oil as well. Today we would like to show you several ways to cook tuna fillets such as grilling, pan searing, baking, and many more.
How to cook tuna fish fillets with the best ways
Tuna fish fillets are good to be cooked several ways including pan searing, grilling, and so on. Before you start cooking the fillets, you should prepare these ingredients such as:
- 4 tuna fillets steak about 4 oz or 115 g each
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
Now, you can follow these several ways to cook the tuna fillets:
- Marinade the tuna fillets: This is optional meaning that you can do it or simply just rub the fillets with lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs before cook the tuna. But, if you want to do marinating process then you need to mix together the marinate ingredients above in a bowl and after that pour the mixture into sealable plastic bag.
- Clean and dry the fish: Rinse the tuna fish fillets product under cool water and then pat dry with clean paper towel.
- Marinating: Next marinate the tuna by place the fillets inside plastic bag and then give some shake to ensure the seasoning covering all the tuna fillets side. Let the tuna fillets steak marinated for 15 minutes to 4 hours.
- Grilling: Pre-heat the grill and set to the medium heat, the tuna fillets are usually need to cook for about 2-4 minutes more or less each side. Actually it is depends to the thickness of the tuna fillets. The tuna is done once it flakes under the pressure of fork. After that serve the tuna fillets steak.
- Pan frying: First pre-heat the skillet and add about 2 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Put the tuna fish on the skillet and cook for about 6 to 9 minutes. For each side of the tuna, it may need around 3 to 5 minutes to be cooked depending on the thickness.
- Broiling: Pre-heat the broiler to high heat while the interior rack should be coated lightly cooking spray. Place the tuna into the broiler and then broiler the best tuna fish fillets for about 3 minutes each side. After one each side is done, flip the fillet steak to another side and repeat the process. You can cook for 2 or 3 more minutes to cook the tuna fish perfectly without any pink center. Let the tuna fillets cooling down before you serve them.
- Baking: Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare the baking sheet as well and you have an option to cover the sheet with aluminum foil. Place the tuna to the baking sheet and then bake the meats until done. The tuna fillet needs to be baked for 4 to 6 minutes, but you do not need to turn the tuna during baking. You can serve the tuna fish warm and fresh from the oven or slightly cooled.
Those are some ways about how to cook tuna fish fillets easily at home. There are still many ways to prepare and cooking tuna fillets and even it can be served raw as sushi accompanied with wasabi or Japanese soy sauce. Tuna is best when you can serve it with proper cooking methods plus seasonings.
Tuna is healthy fish rich in protein, omega 3 fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins. When eating tuna fish fillets, you can include it into your dietary menu and consume the tuna fish for 2 or 3 servings each week with moderate amount. Tuna is one of the most seafood products globally along with sardines, mackerel, salmon, and shrimp so it is good if you can eat fish to get enough nutrition intakes for your body.